History

The origin of O'Sullivan - and the beginning of a success story

1896
O'Sullivan Films was founded by the inventor of the rubber heel, Humphrey  O'Sullivan.

1940’s
Vinyl sheeting plant installed to produce handbags and furniture upholstery.

1950's
O'Sullivan successfully entered the automotive industry with PVC/ABS skins for instrument panel applications.
Door panel products were added a few years later, along with for consoles, knee bolsters, and sun visor materials.

1960’s-1990’s
With the  2nd, 3rd and 4th vinyl sheeting lines added, O’Sullivan Films entered the pool liner and healthcare markets.

2006
Management team buyout of O'Sullivan from PolyOne Corp., the previous owner.

2010
O’Sullivan became a part of the Hornschuch Group
(Konrad Hornschuch, AG, headquartered in Weissbach, Germany) and installed a spread coat line, producing artificial leather for automotive and fashion products.

Today
O'Sullivan offers contemporary design standards, broader product lines, and creative solutions for its customers while still preserving its heritage.